For those of you who have more faith than I do (probably not a small number), this announcement may not come as a surprise. Chloe and I have decided to apply for another four years in Karamoja. We thank you all for your faithfulness in praying for and supporting us, especially in these last few weeks as we’ve discussed extensively about our decision.
There are still many details to be worked out within the application process, but we are confident that if God’s will is for us to continue our ministry here that he will see us through the process successfully. Pray for us as we transition to a long-term plan for living here, including work permits, Ugandan driver’s licenses, thinking about how many pairs of socks I need to pack for a four-year stay, etc.
Though the scales have fallen for us on the side of continuing our sojourn in Karamoja, we are still pulled by the tremendous wealth that lies in the other balance—the rich life that we enjoyed in San Diego, the many dear friends that we have there and in other parts of the Unites States, the church that has been so open-handed toward us (even to the point of letting us go). We look forward to seeing many of you in a few short months and rest ultimately in the promise that we will be together again in that great banquet hall, overflowing with the redeemed.